Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New 2011


Happy New Year to you all and a numerologist friend said 2011 offers new beginnings, so hopefully it’s going to be a good one for us all. If we step towards new beginnings we have to leave something of our past behind and that’s difficult for some of us.

Rain and more rain seems to be the way into the New Year along the eastern half of Australia especially along the eastern seaboard and where I live at Arrawarra in New South Wales.

Personally I have been preparing the foundations to write a draft for ‘’Spirit of a Place’’. It could be a beauty as I transform myself into a person questioning and taking a journey to find spiritual harmony. Some words kept returning and these hopefully become the focus of the publication. The words are ‘’the place is the spirit’’ and ‘’ the spirit is the place’’. Have you had similar thoughts about describing your feelings when within a place which has charm, history, something of the unknown or an unique and powerful energy? It’s comforting and daunting to be within such places.

Before getting into ‘’Spirit of a Place’’ I’m off to Nowra on the New South Wales South Coast to record conversations with my sister Eula and brother Max about their relationships and memories of growing up with our father and mother. I will record conversations with my remaining two brothers, Frank and Lance and eventually draw a composition of conversations about our parents and life as children growing up in the 1940’s to 1960 periods. A time of great change in agriculture as technology changed the face of farming worldwide. Our father was a very progressive and hard working person who placed great reliance on his children to get the job done.

I’m going to call the conversations ‘’The Old Man’’ which is the name we gave Dad when we spoke about him. The story will relay rural life in Australia and that of a dairy farming family. Not forgetting the role of our mother Ellen or Nell and hopefully the conversations form a family based book which I could make available for publication. Another one! I’m a beggar for punishment. Let’s hope so.

Keep well, Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment